Updated: May 17, 2020
Have you ever noticed that the forehead has a very important significance? Yes, the forehead has an incredible significance spiritually, not just to God’s kingdom but also to the dark kingdom as well. I once had this inspiration about it’s significance but did not know where to place it until I came across a verse in EX. 28: 36-38.
36 And thou shalt make a plate of pure gold, and grave upon it, like the engravings of a signet, Holiness To The Lord.
37 And thou shalt put it on a blue lace, that it may be upon the mitre; upon the forefront of the mitre it shall be.
38 And it shall be upon Aaron's forehead, that Aaron may bear the iniquity of the holy things, which the children of Israel shall hallow in all their holy gifts; and it shall be always upon his forehead, that they may be accepted before the Lord.
When I read this verse, the Holy Spirit ministered to me that there’s something very important about our foreheads. Then I remembered reading about sealing the foreheads in Ezekiel 9: 4-6. And I said ‘Bingo, that’s what it is. So, I asked God to teach and I started making research. The verses above tell us about when God instructed Moses on how to make an attire for the priest, and Moses was instructed to make a turban with an engraving on it and then to place it on Aaron’s forehead. Ezekiel 9:4-6 below tells us about sealing of the foreheads of the people who did not join in the abomination committed by the people. Please see below:
4 And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
5 And to the others he said in mine hearing, Go ye after him through the city, and smite: let not your eye spare, neither have ye pity:
6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark; and begin at my sanctuary. Then they began at the ancient men which were before the house.
The forehead carries the mark of our identity. I mean, the forehead marks our identity, it tells who we are or where we belong to. In researching, I went to the book of Rev. 7: 2-3 which says:
2 And I saw another angel ascending from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,
3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
The word of God has not given us too many options to choose from but only two options which are God or mammon, life or death, light or darkness, heaven or hell, spirit or flesh. We can find those in Matt. 6:24, Deut. 30:15, 2Cor. 6:14, Rev. 20: 14, Rev 21: 1, Rom. 8:1. Of the two choices, God does not permit anyone to be in the middle (lukewarmers in Rev. 3:16)
Therefore, the forehead has a seal of where we belong to, of the choices we’ve made. It carries the mark of our identity, it bears our name. When God looks down on man from heaven, He identifies you by your name, i.e. by what you have been sealed with. And because the devil likes to imitate what God does, he too has a seal for his own people.
Revelation 14: 9-10 KJV
9 And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
10 The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Revelation 17:5 KJV
5 And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots And Abominations Of The Earth.
Revelation 22:4 KJV
4 And they shall see his face; and His name shall be in their foreheads.
This issue is very important to today’s Christians because we ought to know the seal we carry on our foreheads. When God looks down to bless us, favor us, lift us, or even chastise us, what seal would He identify us with? What name would He see? One time when He looked down on the people of Israel, all He saw was ‘whore’ written on their foreheads.
Jeremiah 3: 3 KJV
3 Therefore the showers have been withholden, and there hath been no latter rain; and thou hadst a whore's forehead, thou refusedst to be ashamed.
This tells us that our life pattern, i.e. the way we live reflects on what is on our forehead. If we live a life of disobedience, when God looks down at us, He would see disobedience written on us, or would He look down and call us Love because we live a life of love. Would he call us cheerful giver, or God’s servant because we serve Him diligently? Not only does the forehead reflects on our deeds but also reflects our thoughts. What you think makes you because it all begins with the mind. We receive thoughts good or bad from either the Holy Spirit or from the devil. Take for instance, we conceive thoughts from satan, the moment we harbor and accept those thoughts, he would then hold us captive with it and let it become a bondage. And then those thoughts start coming out, as the Bible says in:
Matthew 15: 17-20
17 Do not ye yet understand, that whatsoever entereth in at the mouth goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the draught?
18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
20 These are the things which defile a man: but to eat with unwashen hands defileth not a man.
Some of us are not sure about what seal we carry on our foreheads. Not to worry, repentance and prayers can fix it. For those who have not acknowledge Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior, that would be the first thing to do. For returning believers, first accept Jesus Christ into your life and confess Him Lord and Savior.
· Then endeavor to live a life of Christ- the best way to know the life of Christ is by personally studying the Bible. The Word of God you hear and read is not enough to carry you through or teach you everything you need to know, you have to study like it’s a school course and you have a test to take. It might be difficult at first because the devil will battle you to stop you. But pray and ask God for zeal and understanding. Then the Holy Spirit will take you through from there onwards.
. Also fight every bad thoughts that the devil puts in you- Don’t let it stay. Fire him back with good words, positive words, and prayers. You would generally overcome him with the Word of God which is our testimony- as the Bible says that we overcome him by the Blood of the Lamb and by the word of our testimony. Remember verse 19 above, therefore we must fight and push it out.
· Furthermore, ensure to consistently build a strong relationship with God- You can only build a relationship by communicating and getting to know what a person likes and do it. The same it is with God. You can only build a relationship with God by communicating in prayers and studying His Word to know what He likes, to do them. Remember that communication is a two-way thing. You speak and listen to get feedback. So when you pray, find time to listen to what God has to say. Establishing this relationship with God will help you understand God’s pattern of speaking to you. It might differ a little bit with the next brother, even though there are consistent ways with which God speaks to us e.g. through His Word. Any additional means would pertain to just you.
· Finally, prayer is the key. The three bullet points above must be completed with prayers.
LETS DEGREE AND DECLARE
1. Any seal on my forehead that is not the seal of God be cleansed with the blood of Jesus Christ.
2. Seal me with your seal oh Lord for I belong to your kingdom.
3. Oh Lord, let your seal on my forehead exempt me.
4. Any demonic covering that hides the seal of God on my forehead be destroyed by fire in Jesus name.
5. Pray with the following scriptures: Rev. 13: 16-17, Rev. 7: 2-3, Ez. 9: 4-6